I HAD BRONCHITIS FOR THE PAST TWO WEEKS. It was so annoying. I’m just starting to get over it. I have asthma though and didn’t get it checked out until a week after I started feeling unwell. So I hope you feel better sooner! Stay strong and healthy!
Ahhh really? A friend of mine here had(has?) bronchitis and she also had asthma so that really sucked. I hope I do not have bronchitis but I’m going to the health care center at school tomorrow to check if I need different medicine >_<
Noo bronchitis isnt fun at all, one thing i know you’re supposed to do is sleep in sort of a reclining position so nothing builds up in your chest
((why did it erase my reply when I posted this))
ahhhh okay. I will definitely do that!! Thanks :D
12 hours ago on 10 March 2014 with 0 notes
"We are all, everyone in this room, so fortunate."
Acknowledging privilege and finding ways to use your privilege to help others is so important.
I may have bronchitis
I feel like I’m dying
my head hurts and my bones ache
also I have stupid crAMPS
I have been sick for like two weeks at least
do not want
13 hours ago on 10 March 2014 with 2 notes
i luv kids they are so much funner to talk to than adults. i asked a toddler today whats up and he said “ten” with such conviction i really did believe it was an adequate response to my question for a second
Each house helping their disabled/mentally ill/neurodiverse housemates in their own special ways~!
- Gryffindors forming a group of volunteer students to walk students with PTSD to classes or through the castle at night, so they can always be in the presence of people they trust.
- Gryffindors hexing bullies who mock D/deaf students’ signed spells.
- Gryffindors petitioning to change old fashioned rules about taking OWLs and NEWTs that put ADHD students at an unfair disadvantage.
- Gryffindors who know that bravery comes in many forms, who are openly and unabashedly impressed when their depressed housemates summon the strength to get out of bed on bad days, and will punch anyone who thinks having a panic attack is indicative of cowardice.
- Gryffindors insisting that The Fat Lady give out signed passwords that D/deaf, mute, and nonverbal students can use, in addition to spoken passwords.
- Ravenclaws staying on top of all the newest advances in sensory spells and calming potions so if one of their autistic housemates has a meltdown they can be sure to help them in the best way possible.
- Ravenclaws helping learning disabled students come up with mnemonics to better remember information.
- Ravenclaws having a bookcase full of writing about famous disabled, mentally ill, and neurodiverse wixen, so they can give students the representation they don’t find in traditional history of magic courses.
- Ravenclaws getting really excited and enthusiastic when an autistic student infodumps on them, because knowledge.
- Ravenclaws being fascinated by the diverse ways students take in, process, and deliver information, and being deeply and personally offended by the idea that there is any “wrong way” to learn.
- Hufflepuffs always having a supply of treats and blankets when their depressed classmates feel overwhelmed, making sure they know their offer to form a cuddle pile is always open.
- Hufflepuffs spending their breaks sewing weights into quilts and robes for autistic wixen.
- Hufflepuffs understanding that “just and fair” doesn’t mean “treat everyone exactly the same no matter what” but “understand each individual’s needs, abilities and privileges, and make sure they have the resources they need to do their best”.
- Hufflepuffs who are amazing, patient listeners, and always down for a feelings jam, venting, infodumping, or all of that at once.
- Hufflepuffs who spend all of their free time learning how to sign so they can be better friends with their D/deaf housemates.
- Slytherins teaching autistic students to read subtle body language cues and project confidence.
- Slytherins helping to tailor dress robes of a wheelchair user so they look stunning but don’t get their skirts caught up in their wheels.
- Slytherins who come from rich families “forgetting” galleons in the rooms of friends who don’t have enough money to pay for the latest magic mobility devices.
- Slytherins letting the Bloody Baron know to make himself scarce when students who are triggered by the sight of blood are nearby.
- Slytherins making up nonverbal codes so that students can alert their housemates if they’re about to have a panic attack or breakdown and still look totally aloof and collected.
Hogwarts students of all houses coming together due to shared neurology and ability, forming mixed house cliques and not giving a crap~!
#more interested in tumblr’s HP than Rowling’s HP (worn-whorehouse-stairs)
i may not be able to draw pretty flowers
or write beautiful poems
but i can love you at 2am when no one else will
and maybe that makes it worth it
depressed people are not wise or cultured or knowledgeable in the way of life, they are biased individuals because they are ill. i was depressed for about 5 years of my life and i can tell you that i have never looked back at myself and thought that i was more wise than i am now. depression has never been necessary for anyone to have a realistic view of the world. depression is not a field trip.
depression sucks a lot and has narrowed my view of the world/thinking capabilities
is there a word for “i’m okay but it’s a fragile kind of okay so be gentle with me”?
COOL DATE IDEA: take a really long nap with me
one of the weirdest beliefs anti sj types seem to have is that people cannot be part of more than one marginalized group at once
trans AND black? nope.
disabled AND bisexual?? never.
asian AND intersex AND disabled? now youre just weaving tapestries of fantasy.
it’s like we’re spending “character points” or something to be what we are
male/white/abled/cis/straight is the ~default~ character setting and for every step away from that, we have to spend points. if you spend your points on being black and bi, you can’t ALSO be trans! that’s just not REALISTIC
I’m starting a new band with Elliott and Dani. It’s gonna be a trio.
facts that cannot be disputed
- ur cute as heck
- ur very important
- ur laugh is really cute oh my god
- ur a perfect version of yourself